Old Square Chambers is committed to protecting your personal information and in order to safe guard our website visitors in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. This page answers some important questions about how we collect and use your personal details.
Where and how we collect your personal information Personal Data submitted on our website is used as follows:
- Online recruitment forms are used to collect and store your data on our server so that our recruitment team may retrieve and review the information you have supplied as part of the recruitment process. The data are handled internally and confidentially at Old Square Chambers.
- Our online form for Seminar attendance collects and stores the data you provide. The data is handled internally and confidentially at Old Square Chambers. Some of the data may be shared with the venue providers in order to supply secure admittance to the venue. We may also use the practice area preferences to notify you of future events at Old Square Chambers.
- In addition to using your data as indicated above, we may disclose your information if we are required to do so by law; we need to use the information in connection with any legal proceedings; we need to use the information to secure our legal rights. We take reasonable precautions to ensure the protection of your personal information.
- Owing to the fact that data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, we are unable to guarantee the security of data sent via the internet.
- HTTP cookies are used for an origin website to send information to a user's browser and for the browser to return the state information to the origin site. The state information can be used for authentication, identification of a user session or user's preferences, or anything else that can be accomplished through storing text data. Cookies may be used to maintain data related to the user during navigation, possibly across multiple visits. Cookies may also be used to remember the information about the user who has visited a website in order to show relevant content in the future.